Ham and Piñata Pineapple Pizza
This quick and easy Hawaiian-style pizza is a classic combination of salty ham and fresh, sweet pineapple.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 Piñata pineapple
- 1 large ready-made pizza base
- 200g shaved ham
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 green capsicum, finely diced
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Place pizza base on lined oven tray.
- Peel pineapple and discard skin. Dice fruit.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread tomato paste evenly over pizza base.
- Scatter ham over base, followed by pineapple, capsicum and grated cheese. Season well and place in oven.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until cheese has melted and topping is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and scatter torn basil leaves if using.
Tip: Replace the basil with coriander if you prefer a more pungent taste.